Sunday 8 November 2009

Terrible weather again!

Feels like its been gales and raining every weekend since I started backpacking in the UK.

Once again I watched the weather carefully and decided not to go wildcamping.

Am I being soft?

On Saturday I decided to get out and do a hike to see if I made the right decision.

I decided to do a walk from Dunsop Bridge

The weather was atrocious, much of the walk was ankle deep in mud and I even had to wade across a stream come river at one point.

My rain coat kept me really dry, had a little sweat build up but the armpit vents soon got rid of that once I opened them up.

Boots and soles are turning out fantastic, very comfortable, no rubbing or burning sensations.

I think it would have been a pretty miserable camping trip.

That said I really enjoyed the walk.

Map below and photos to follow.


View Dunsop Bridge Hike in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment