Friday 25 September 2009

My first UK wild camp

After browsing the brilliant http://v-g.me.uk/blog/ for ages I finally decided to try one of the trips. I decided upon the Highstreet route.


View Highstreet Weekend Wild Camping in a larger map

My mate Tom from London joined me. After picking Tom up at Penrith train station we made our way to Patterdale for about 7pm, giving us just enough time to get up to Angle Tarn


Patterdale wild camping weekend 2009

Saturday was very misty but we managed to see some of the views.


Patterdale wild camping weekend 2009


We walked much further than we thought we would on the first day so we looked for somewhere good to camp. We found an amazing liitle gorge and camped right next to a waterfall.




Patterdale wild camping weekend 2009




Patterdale wild camping weekend 2009

On Sunday we then walked along Ulswater back to Patterdale, apx 21 miles in total.



No comments:

Post a Comment